Join the #CookForSYRIA movement today by hosting your own supper club with your friends. Our handy hints and tips will help you host a delicious, meaningful dinner for friends, family, and the children of Syria.
#CookForSYRIA started as a simple supper club to celebrate Syrian cuisine and raise money to help Unicef protect Syrian children. Now, with support from the world’s top chefs, a bestselling cookbook, and events across the world, #CookForSYRIA has become a global movement – and now you’re invited.
SIGN UP YOUR SUPPER CLUB
Sign up to receive the latest #CookForSYRIA updates to help you throw the perfect dinner and enter a draw to win an exclusive #CookForSYRIA hamper after the campaign. Read our prize draw terms and conditions on our FAQ page.
HOW TO HOST A SUPPER CLUB
Anyone can host their own #CookForSYRIA supper club. Whether you’re planning a small get-together at home or inviting your whole network, it’s the perfect event to gather your friends over food, drink, and a good cause.
You can get started with a few simple steps:
1) Pick a date that works for you and your friends.
2) Decide on your invite list, and consider co-hosting with your best foodie friend for extra support.
3) Set a Syrian-inspired menu from our selection of recipes or the official #CookForSYRIA recipe book.
4) Check out these top hosting tips from Jackson & Levine.
5) ‘Charge’ the guests for attending your special Syrian supper club – we recommend £10 for standing affairs and £20 for a sit-down feast, but set the price that works for your network.
6) Encourage your family, friends, fans and followers to follow @CookForSyria and share their experience after the event using #CookForSYRIA.
How will you raise funds on the night for the children of Syria? Consider these ideas to drive up your fundraising on the night:
JustGiving – Create your JustGiving page to let your friends know about your event and easily donate.
Raffle – Make an extra dessert or takeaway dishes as a prize and raffle them off to guests for a few pounds each.
Top up – Ask for an extra donation for a premium cocktail or glass of wine.
Recipe cards – Ask people to make a donation for a recipe card from one of your dishes. You can even throw in some amazing Syrian spices from your local Middle Eastern grocery to encourage your friends to carry forward
Pay it forward – As host, your final act is to convince another friend to sign up to #CookForSYRIA. Post about it on social media and tag the next person who is hosting!
Download our #CookForSYRIA resources to add some extra flair to your supper club.