- 1.5kg Lebanese bell peppers or squash, washed and hollowed out
- 3-4 lemons
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
For the stuffing
- 1 cup of glazed rice, washed
- 200g lamb, minced (including some fat)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp 7 spices
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together in a bowl.
- Use the filling to stuff the peppers/squashes leaving about 2 cm empty at the top. (If using peppers, cut a circle around the stems but make sure to keep them as a lid for later.)
- Layer the stuffed peppers/squashed in a large pot.
- Pour in 1 litre of water and add the lemon juice (the mixture should taste sour).
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the mint, then bring back to the boil for a minute.
- Take the squashes out of the liquid and serve. The liquid can be used as a kind of side soup.
View all Recipes